Spending more time at home this year has made a great impact on the way homeowners have upgraded their living spaces. When it comes to color, the theme has included paint colors to help us relax, recharge, and feel comfortable. With more people working from home, there is also a surge of brighter colors as well to energize and add cheerfulness to our homes.
Mood-Inducing Color Combos
Color can be used to evoke different moods, tell a story within a home, or change the way someone feels in a space. Deciding on the color palette for a room can be fairly tricky. Before you begin choosing paint colors, furniture, or decor, it’s important to understand which colors work best together and why.
1. Trio of Earthy Neutrals
Beige, blue, and ginger will make any room feel comfortable and welcoming. These colors have a mix of warm colors, beige and ginger, paired with the cool color of blue. Combining these colors will be pleasing to the eye. The shades complement one another. To add to the decor, a few green plants along with natural wood furnishings complete the space.
2. A Monochrome Palette
You can use the same color in a room, but in different variations. It gives the space a sophisticated look and is easy to make work in any room. Choose colors with the same hue, but with a different tone. Different shades of blues, like a pale blue and a navy will work well.
3. Shades of Purple
Purple represents peace and creativity, which works well in a home office. You can also go with lilac or a deeper purple. The color purple pairs well with many colors such as:
- Orange: An energizing orange color goes well with lavender to create the perfect balance.
- Rose: This soft pink combined with purple creates a sophisticated backdrop.
- Pastel Yellow: Gives your home a spring-like feel.
- Charcoal goes well with a plum paint color along with gold accents.
4. Light Blue and Radiant Yellow
Two colors that represent brightness and happiness will only create good vibes around you. This color combination creates an energetic mood throughout your home. It also will make any room feel bigger.
Time for a Repaint?
Painting the interior or exterior of your home has many benefits. It protects the surface from water and sun damage. If it’s been a while since your home has been painted, or it has suffered some damage, it may be time for an update. Here are a few problems that may arise.
- Peeling or chipping paint can be caused by moisture or an improperly prepared surface.
- Pockets underneath the paint that create bubbles
- Fading or uneven coloring on the interior or exterior walls
Find the Right Contractor.
Ensuring the paint project is a huge success can be a daunting process. To get the best results, you need to hire a reputable contractor.
There are many companies, big and small, that specialize in residential painting services, so how do you determine the good from the bad? You need to do your research and ask questions to find the best value.
Always check to make sure they are insured and licensed. Another important factor is researching past work and references.
- A good painting professional will make sure your home is protected from paint splatters. They will make sure to cover any stationary items in the area to be painted with drop cloths.
- Preparing your walls, ceilings, and other surfaces are critical to a high-quality finish. This step ensures that your new paint job lasts for years to come. Part of preparing the room to be painted includes cleaning your walls before the project begins.
- Painting over grime and dirt will not do you any favors when it comes to the longevity of your project. your home may need a few other things, such as sanding rough surfaces, caulking loose baseboards, or patching holes.
- Cleaning up after the painting is done should be part of the project. The contractor you choose should ensure that the area is left as clean as it was before they started.
The Trusted Painting Professionals
It’s time to think about how you might improve your home for a brand-new year. At Walla Painting, we can handle all of your residential painting needs. From walls to trim and cabinets, Walla does it all.
Let us help you and your family start the new year off right with a fresh coat of paint. Contact us today for a free consultation.