If you are considering renovating your kitchen or bathroom, there’s no need to buy new cabinetry. Painting your cabinets is a budget-friendly alternative. To get things started, you must decide to undertake the painting job yourself or hire a professional painter.
Painting kitchen cabinets requires time, skills, experience, and patience. If you lack any of these attributes, call a professional. They have the knowledge and expertise to update your cabinets with a new coat of paint so they’ll look like new.
Why Hiring a Professional Is the Best Option
You may save some money with a DIY project, but will the final product be worth it? Professional painters are experienced and skillful in knowing the importance of prep and products that will produce the best results. They can provide a quality finish in a short amount of time. Here’s why you should leave the painting to someone who knows exactly what they’re doing.
1. No Room for Error
If you’ve never tackled a cabinet painting project, you may be surprised at the narrow margin for error. One mistake can ruin the entire project. Using the wrong tools or products, ignoring proper prep, choosing the wrong color, or applying the paint the wrong way can all lead to a huge headache.
Professional painters deliver quality results. They pay attention to the details. Their years of experience and careful application leave clean lines resulting in a flawless finish.
Painting professionals will ensure the paint used is durable and appropriate for the material the cabinets are made of. They have the proper tools and equipment to handle any size room, different layouts, and complex designs.
2. Detailed Preparation
The most important step in painting cabinets is the preparation process. If this step is not done correctly, the final results will look inferior. Old cabinets are covered with grease, smoke residue, and many other sticky substances. They must be cleaned properly before any paint is applied.
A professional painter will do the necessary prep work thoroughly to ensure the paint will adhere to the surface. The prep work for painting cabinets involves:
- Removal of cabinets and drawers. All cabinets and drawers to be painted should be empty.
- Remove all hardware. It’s easier than painting around it.
- Label each door and drawer so that you know where to return it once the project is complete and the paint is dry.
- Every surface needs to be stripped, scrubbed, and sanded.
- Vacuum cabinets inside and out to remove the dust. You do not want sand dust mixed in with the paint.
- Prime the surface to allow the finish coats to adhere for maximum durability.
3. Time and Convenience
Professional painters are efficient and fast. It could take you at least a week to finish painting your cabinets, whereas a professional can have it done in 2-3 days. Relax and let the pros handle it.
4. Color Consultation
There are endless color choices. Professional painters understand colors and usually have a consultant to guide customers in selecting the right paint color to complement the decor.
When you hire reputable and reliable professionals, you will receive a warranty for their work. In case anything goes wrong within the warranty period, it can get fixed without incurring any costs.
Questions to Ask a Professional Painter
When you’re ready to hire a professional to paint your cabinets, you may want to ask some questions before your final choice.
- Are Cabinets One of Your Specialties? Painting cabinets requires a lot of experience and special skills for them to turn out looking great and flawless.
- What is your painting process? This question will help reveal if the contractor knows what they are doing.
- Can I see samples of your work? A professional painting contractor who has been in the cabinet painting job for some time will not shy away from showing you their past work.
- Are you insured? Accidents do occur. It is important to know that you are not liable to pay for the damages and injuries that might occur during the painting process. Verify that your contractor has the required insurance to keep your assets protected.
- Do you offer warranties? You will need some assurances in the form of warranties. Knowing how long the warranty period lasts and what it covers will give you an idea of the quality of work a contractor does.
Cabinet Painting Done Right
You can trust that Walla Painting has what it takes to transform your home by repainting your cabinets. The quality of our work is unparalleled. Contact us today for a free estimate on any of your painting needs.