Painting Cabinets Is Less Costly than Replacing Them
If the cabinets in your kitchen or bathrooms are worn, scratched and outdated, you may be considering replacing them with new ones. That’s an expensive endeavor, even if you only replace the exteriors. Why not get them professionally painted instead? Its a great, cost-effective way to give your kitchen a refresh.
You’d be surprised at how beautiful professionally repainted cabinets can be! You don’t have to settle for the limited colors of wood; the choices of paint are limited only by your imagination. And the best part is, painting is way less expensive than replacing them.
EVEN FOR SEASONED DIY FANS, CABINET PAINTING CAN BE DAUNTING.
While many people are willing to try their hand at simple painting jobs, they understand how much different the final product will be if you use professional painters. Cabinet painting offers even more challenges than regular painting, but it can be the most important part of remodeling your home.
The most significant difference with painting cabinets is that they are often put together using several different types of materials, followed by several different kinds of finishes. Add to that the placement of the cabinets and the many corners and hard-to-reach areas, and the task may seem impossible. Even a professional painter will probably spend a great deal of the job in preparation, to make sure the paint only goes where it belongs.
INSIDE AND OUTSIDE SPACES
Cabinets can consist of many kinds of wood, including plywood, particleboard, and solid wood. Then the original makers probably used wood veneers, laminates, or thermofoil.
When you paint your cabinets, you will have to strip the surfaces down enough to apply paint on the inside and outside surfaces. Even the simplest cabinets are usually a combination of materials. Because of all the details, it can be a bigger job than just painting a room.
Steps to Get Your Cabinets Professionally Painted
Walla Painting has the experience and knowledge to ensure your cabinets are painted or refinished properly and will look great. We follow a specific process for this tedious job.
- The first step is simply an analysis of the materials. This will help us know what additional steps we will need to take and what kind of paint will work best with the materials.
- Next, we will remove the hardware and all the doors and drawers. It is vital to keep track of all the materials, so they are reassembled correctly, but they cannot be there during the painting.
- We will deep clean the surfaces, which can get surprisingly grungy in a kitchen. Grease and food splatters can go far and become stuck if left for a long time. Too much water will be bad for the wood and will delay the job, as surfaces must be dry before the next step.
- After that, sanding the surfaces will help get the cabinets smooth enough for the paint. If the surface is not prepared, the paint won't bond with the wood, and you might need another paint job again soon.
- After that, we apply the primer/sealer. This is another crucial step to make sure the paint will be able to bond properly so it will look smooth and last for a long time.
- Finally, paint!
REQUEST A QUOTE
The process is simple, it will only take a moment
The Professional Cabinet Painting Help You Need
Painting cabinets is not the kind of job you can just leave to anyone. For nine years in a row, Walla Painting has exceeded even our own standards, and we're proud to have earned the Angie's List Super Service Award. Our standards are high, and we only expect the best work from our professional painters.
If you are considering a change, like a kitchen remodel, painting your cabinets might be one of the best ways to get an all-new look less expensively than total replacement. We can look at your cabinets and let you know what we will have to do to make you feel like you have a brand-new kitchen. Contact us today so we can get you started with a free cabinet painting quote.