If you are a business owner or property manager who owns or rents office space, it’s important to keep it looking fresh and clean. Getting a new interior paint job can do wonders for the aesthetics of the workspace. It’s one of the easiest ways to brighten up the environment.
Why Repaint Your Commercial Office Now?
You may be pondering why you should get the office painted during the COVID-19 pandemic. There may not be any employees or customers there to appreciate the new look. But just imagine their pleasant surprise when they return to a newly painted office environment.
1. Employees Are Working Remotely
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses have either closed operations or allowed all or most of their employees to work from home. This is a great time to get the office painted. With an empty office, the painting crew will have more space to paint. There’s no need to section off areas in order to minimize disruptions. The project will be completely more quickly.
2. Boost Employee Morale
When employees return to the office, they will find it clean and fresh looking. Even in normal circumstances, a new paint job can boost morale and productivity. Choosing an appropriate color for the desired mood can generate emotions to energize, calm, or increase creativity in employees.
3. Improve Business Image
Let’s face it; if the walls in your office are dirty, have peeling paint, or are faded and dull, it doesn’t portray a very positive image. Like it or not, customers and clients will judge you by the appearance of your office. They may get the impression that the business may be struggling and can’t afford the updates.
4. Better Branding
Businesses want to create and portray a distinct identity that they use for marketing. Painting the interior of the office using the same colors that are in your logo can create that look. It will better highlight your brand and remind customers of what your company does.
5. Increase Property Value
A well-maintained building is worth more than one that is in disrepair. Painting is part of that maintenance. If you own the office space, getting it repainted can make it more attractive to current and prospective tenants.
Hiring the Right Painting Contractor
Now that you’ve decided to get your office painted, you need to decide who will do the painting. There are many companies who can do this for you, so you need to make sure you hire one that will do the job right and at a fair price.
When doing your research, there are some specifics to look for and questions to ask painting contractors. Some may be more important to you than others.
- Reputation. Check reviews and testimonials, both in online review sites and on the company’s website. Some review sites to check include Angie’s List, Yelp, and Google. Ask for references and contact them.
- Communication. When you contact the company, did they respond quickly? Your first call or email should be a high priority to the contractor. They should respond within 24 hours. When you speak with them, are they professional and courteous?
- Experience. How long has the company been in business? Do they hire experienced painters? Do they offer training to their crew members?
- Management. Is there a project manager or crew leader on the job? Do they use sub-contractors? If so, how do they manage them?
- Process. Don’t assume that all companies will do the same services. Ask if they move any items in the space to be painted or if it’s your responsibility. Do they use tarps to protect stationary items and flooring? Do they clean up thoroughly, removing all debris and trash? Do they do that at the end of each day or at the end of the project?
- Cost. Do they offer free estimates? What do the estimates include (labor, materials)? Are there any potential extra costs that aren’t included in the written estimate? Keep in mind, that the lowest bidder is not always the best choice.
- Materials. Most painting contractors prefer certain brands of paint. Ask what brand they use and if they will use other brands, by request if that is important to you.
- License. Make sure the company is licensed and insured. This relieves you of any liability in the event of injury or damages that occur during the project.
- Additional services. Do they offer design services or color consultations?
Choose Walla Painting to Paint Your Office
Walla Painting has been in business since 2008, serving satisfied customers in Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, McCordsville, Westfield and surrounding cities and towns. We take great pride in our work and value our customers. The fact that we’ve won the Angie’s List Super Service Award for 10 years in a row proves our dedication to quality and service.
Give us a call today to schedule your free estimate to repaint your office space.
Looking to have the interior or exterior of your home or office painted?
Hire a professional painting company!